- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Salmon Under Horseradish Meringue
Posted By elizabeth On August 2, 2009 @ 1:59 am In Weekly Recipes | No Comments
½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
½ cup freshly grated horseradish or ¼ cup white horseradish from the jar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon sugar
4 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each, skinned
Freshly ground pepper to taste
½ cup chopped fresh dill
1. Put the yogurt in a strainer lined with a double layer of paper towels. Set the strainer over a bowl, place in the refrigerator and let drain for 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking dish, large enough to hold the fillets in a single layer. Drizzle with melted butter. In a bowl, combine the drained yogurt, horseradish and ½ teaspoon of salt.
3. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the sugar and continue to beat until they form stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the seasoned yogurt.
4. Lay the salmon in the baking dish and season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Cover each fillet with ¼ of the meringue. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle with dill. Serve immediately.
Yield: Four servings.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2009/08/salmon-under-horseradish-meringue/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2009/08/salmon-under-horseradish-meringue/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.