- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Salmon with Yogurt-Curry Sauce
Posted By elizabeth On October 18, 2009 @ 1:58 am In Weekly Recipes | No Comments
Yield 4 servings
Time 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1 small cucumber, peeled
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon cardamom
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon fennel
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons neutral oil, like corn or grapeseed, if necessary
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
1. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Chop flesh, sprinkle it with salt and put in a strainer over a bowl.
2. Mix spices
3. Put a skillet over medium heat; if it is other than nonstick, add oil. Season fish with salt and pepper and add it to pan; raise heat to medium high.
4. Combine cucumber with yogurt and one tablespoon of spice mix in a bowl; taste and adjust seasoning.
5. After salmon has cooked for 4 minutes, turn it and cook on other side another 2 to 5 minutes. Serve, browned side up, with sauce and lime on the side.
You may substitute one tablespoon of store-bought curry powder for the mixture of spices.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2009/10/salmon-with-yogurt-curry-sauce/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.