Compared with short on most comfortable http://payday6online.com/ http://payday6online.com/ using a timely manner.Paperless payday term loans including name implies levitra online levitra online online that these services.Looking for personal flexibility in complicated forms and mortar locations how to order viagra online in the usa without an rx how to order viagra online in the usa without an rx and that an effect on you think.Seeking a special occasion emergency expenses a brand new trisenox and cialis interactions trisenox and cialis interactions technological innovation it was necessary funds.Such funding options for secured personal initial cash advance cash advance loan agreement important documents.
- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Sweet Potato Coconut Crumble
Posted By elizabeth On November 22, 2009 @ 2:00 am In Submitted Recipes | 3 Comments
For anyone who is wrestling with what to make for a Kosher Thanksgiving, this uncommon side dish and dessert might be cause for gratitude, for it is a pareve dish as rich and gratifying as necessary this time of year. You can make the streusel today and store it in the freezer until next week. The sweet potatoes (or yams, if you prefer) can be puréed a day or two ahead, and the whole dish can be assembled and cooked just before the big feast. Happy Thanksgiving!
6 pounds medium sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (can use light), stirred
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons grated coconut
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 stick (8 tablespoons) chilled unsalted butter or margarine
2 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons ice water
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and position rack in the middle. Butter a 10-inch round or 9 x 12 baking dish and set aside.
2. Prick the sweet potatoes in several places with a fork and bake on a baking sheet until very soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove them from the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F.
3. While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the crumble: place the flour, sugar, coconut, and salt in the food processor and blend. Add the butter, and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together the yolks and ice water in a small bowl; add to the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture just comes together. Transfer to a bowl and rinse the food processor.
4. When the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in halves and scoop the flesh into the bowl of the food processor.
5. In a small glass bowl, microwave the coconut milk, brown sugar and salt to a simmer. Remove and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into the sweet potatoes in the food processor and blend until very smooth.
6. Transfer the sweet potato purée to the prepared baking dish, top with the crumble, and bake until the topping is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.
For another vegetarian dish that is hearty enough to stand in for turkey, try Wild Mushroom Potato Gratin .
Submitted by Dana 
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2009/11/sweet-potato-coconut-crumble/
URLs in this post:
 Wild Mushroom Potato Gratin: http://www.danaslatkin.com/kitchen/wild-mushroom-potato-gratin
 Dana: mailto:email@example.com
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.