жилищная приватизация, до какого года приватизация, госпошлина за выписку из егрюл, передать показания счетчика, московские льготы, купить счетчик, госпиталь ветеранов, приватизация земельного участка, льготы инвалидам, сколько стоит развод 2014 год, счетчики москва, получение выписки из егрюл, ветераны москвы, отпуск при увольнении, льготы матери одиночки в 2014
- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie from My Most Favorite Food
Posted By elizabeth On May 2, 2010 @ 1:50 am In Restaurant | No Comments
Restaurant is my most favorite food
Chef Doris Schechter
My most favorite sugar crust for a 2-crust 10-inch (recipe follows)
2 cups hulled strawberries, sliced
2 cups chopped frozen but unthawed rhubarb or fresh rhubarb
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup raspberry preserves, with or without soda
Juice of ½ lemon
Egg wash of 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
Sugar, for sprinkling on the lattice strips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature to soften before rolling out. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to catch any juice that may spill over the crust.
2. Working with one disk of dough at a time, roll it out into around about 11 inches in diameter on a lightly floured surface. Gently roll the dough over the rolling pin, center it over a 10-inches pie plate or pie tin, and unroll the dough over the pan. Press the dough over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. With a dough scraper, crim the over hang, leaving just enough dough to cover the full rim of the pan. Gather up the trimmings and reserve for cookies.
3. Make the filling: in a medium bowl, combine the strawberries rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, rapsberry preserves and lemon juice, are toss gently to combine and coat the fruit. Spoon the filling into the pie shell.
4. shape the remaining disk of dough into a cylinder, then roll it into a 10 x 12-inch retangle on a lightly floured surface. Using a fluted pizza or pie dough cutter and a ruler, cut the retangle crosswise into 8 one-inch-wide strips.
5. Brush the edge of the crust all the way around with egg wash. Brush the 8 strips with egg wash, then sprinkle them generously with sugar ( you should be able to see a thin layer of sugar on the strips ).
6. Lay 4 of the strips, I at a time, over the top of the pie, spacing them evenly; press the strips on the bottom crust to adhere to the egg wash on the edge. Turn the pie a quarter turn and arrange the remaining strips on the pie, at an angle to the first strips, making lattice top; firmly press each strip onto the bottom crust. Trim the overhangs with a dough scraper, reserving them for baking into cookies.
7. Place the pie on the lined baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the lattice strips are golden and the juices have bubbled arroung the edges completely before serving.
Sugar Pie Crust
12 tablespoons cold unsalted margarine, or butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 extra-large egg
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
In a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the margarine with the sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
In a small bowl, beat the egg together lightly with the vanilla. With the mixer running, add the egg mixture to the margarine mixture and beat until they are incorporated.
Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour, a cup at a time, beating until a ball of dough forms around the paddle.
With your hands, gather the dough into a ball, and pat it into a large, flat round. Divide the round in half, shape each half into a disk, and wrap each disk in plastic wrap. Chill the disks in the refrigerator for at least hours, preferable 3 to 4 hours, or until firm.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2010/05/strawberry-rhubarb-pie/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.