- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Double Peanut Butter Cups
Posted By GKC On January 9, 2011 @ 2:00 am In Kids Section | 2 Comments
1 recipe Classic Peanut Butter Cookie dough
48 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
(or 48 Hershey’s Kisses)
1. Preheat the oven to 375º F.
2. Shape the dough into balls using a tablespoon-size cookie scoop and place the balls into ungreased mini-muffin tins.
3. Bake the cookies until they are just firm, about 12 minutes.
4. Remove the tins from the oven to wire racks. Immediately press a peanut butter cup, right side up into each cookie so the top of the peanut butter cup is almost flush with the top of the cookie. Let the cookies cool in the tins completely before carefully removing them.
Classic Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup smooth peanut butter (preferably a commercial brand, such as Skippy)
Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse 5 to 8 times to chop fine (they should look like very coarse sand).
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
Place the butter and sugars in a large bowl and beat them together with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the chopped peanuts.
Notes: Be sure to use non-stick muffin tins. Don’t overfill or they’ll be hard to remove – I found this out the hard way with 5 or 6 of my cookies. If you don’t want too much peanut butter, you can use Hershey’s Kisses instead of peanut butter cups, just insert them pointy side down.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/01/double-peanut-butter-cups/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/01/double-peanut-butter-cups/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.