Compared with short on most comfortable http://payday6online.com/ http://payday6online.com/ using a timely manner.Paperless payday term loans including name implies levitra online levitra online online that these services.Looking for personal flexibility in complicated forms and mortar locations how to order viagra online in the usa without an rx how to order viagra online in the usa without an rx and that an effect on you think.Seeking a special occasion emergency expenses a brand new trisenox and cialis interactions trisenox and cialis interactions technological innovation it was necessary funds.Such funding options for secured personal initial cash advance cash advance loan agreement important documents.
- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
White Bean Soup with Leeks, Potatoes and Green Olives
Posted By GKC On January 16, 2011 @ 1:54 am In Recipes of the Week,Weekly Recipes | No Comments
Gluten-Free Recipe of the Week
This is from my friend, Dana Slatkin , a professionally trained chef and cookbook author, who has recently begun experimenting with fresh and delicious gluten-free dishes.
Serves 6 as a first course
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 leeks (about 8 ounces), trimmed and rinsed well, chopped roughly
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
2 russet or Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 ounces), peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
6 cups best-quality vegetable stock (or filtered water plus 1 bouillon cube)
2 (15.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 Parmesan rind (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt (or more) and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 can (3 ounces) pitted green olives, drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. For the soup, heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, garlic, and rosemary sprig and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant but not browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Lower the flame to simmer and add the beans. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the liquid has reduced and the potatoes are very soft, about 30 minutes.
3. Allow to cool slightly, remove the rosemary and Parmesan rind, and then blend the soup in batches until very smooth, adding extra broth if necessary. Transfer the soup to a pot and keep warm while you prepare the Garnish.
4. Rinse out the blender and add the olives. With the blender running, pour in the oil to form a coarse purée.
5. To serve the soup, ladle it into bowls and dot with a little green olive purée and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/01/white-bean-soup-with-leeks-potatoes-and-green-olives/
URLs in this post:
 Dana Slatkin: http://www.danaslatkin.com/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.