Compared with short on most comfortable http://payday6online.com/ http://payday6online.com/ using a timely manner.Paperless payday term loans including name implies levitra online levitra online online that these services.Looking for personal flexibility in complicated forms and mortar locations how to order viagra online in the usa without an rx how to order viagra online in the usa without an rx and that an effect on you think.Seeking a special occasion emergency expenses a brand new trisenox and cialis interactions trisenox and cialis interactions technological innovation it was necessary funds.Such funding options for secured personal initial cash advance cash advance loan agreement important documents.
- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Best Foods to Eat Before a Fast
Posted By GKC On August 7, 2011 @ 2:30 am In Blog,Feedburner | 3 Comments
What is it about fasting that makes us all so obsessed for days before the fast? I am not referring to the spiritual side (as that is worthy of the obsession) but the food aspect. Did you know that most healthy adults could survive many days and up to a month without eating? Regardless, days before the fast, I am reducing my caffeine intake and worrying about how I will manage. I have heard of all sorts of “fast survival” techniques, from caffeine suppositories, extra strength Excedrin without water (that’s my personal favorite), drinking coffee right before the fast to fool your system and give it caffeine for the morning, eating 2 tablespoons of honey before the fast, and crazy carbo loading. Everyone has their own strategy; tell us what yours is so we can share it with our readers.
GKC consulted with the experts (now who is an expert faster???) and here are our tips and recipes for a successful fast.
- Lots of Water. The discomfort from fasting is actually not from fasting but from lack of fluid. Super hydrate before the fast. Drink a great deal a day or two before as well and then really fill up with fluids before the pre-fast meal.
- Reduce caffeine intake. The headache associated with fasting is from caffeine withdrawal. One week prior to fasting start reducing your caffeine intake to about 1 cup a day or drink decaffeinated teas and coffees to fool your system. If this is too tough, seriously consider the caffeine suppositories or an aspirin before the fast to rid yourself of those headaches.
- Eat Normal Sized Meals. Overeating will not stave off the effects of hunger and may make you more uncomfortable. The excess fluids needed for your body to process large meals may also lead to dehydration which is counter productive. So while we eat numerous meals before the fast and a pre-fast meal, do not overeat.
- Eat carbs; yup, it’s true. Complex carbs like those in pasta, breads, rice, fruits and vegetables, are best for maintaining energy levels during the fast. The also help your body absorb water more efficiently so eating carbs will help you stay hydrated. Whole-grain products and fruits and vegetables with fiber are best because they digest slower and keep you feeling full longer.
So what are you making? One friend serves Pizza, and another serves salmon, rice, and whole-wheat pasta.
I’m making some of these…
Salmon Burrito 
Angel Hair Pasta with Mixed Tomato Sauce 
Watermelon Tomato Salad with Mozzarella Cheese and Lemon Dressing 
Zaatar Salmon 
Lots of fruit for dessert
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/08/best-foods-to-eat-before-a-fast/
URLs in this post:
 Salmon Burrito: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/08/salmon-burrito/
 Angel Hair Pasta with Mixed Tomato Sauce: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/08/angel-hair-pasta-with-mixed-color-tomato-sauce/
 Watermelon Tomato Salad with Mozzarella Cheese and Lemon Dressing: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/08/watermelon-and-tomato-salad-with-mozzarella-cheese-and-onion-lemon-dressing/
 Zaatar Salmon: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2010/12/zaatar-salmon/
 Sorbet: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2010/05/sorbet-tart-2/
 Chocolate Chip Banana Bread : http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2011/08/chocolate-chip-banana-bread/
 Classic White Bread: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2009/05/classic-white-bread/
 Minestrone Soup: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2009/05/minestrone-soup/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.