- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted By GKC On May 20, 2012 @ 2:00 am In Weekly Recipes | No Comments
This recipe makes about 18 large cookies.
Our friend Shayna brought these delicious cookies to us as a gift for staying with us. They did not last long because they are thick, rich and decadent. The kids loved them and begged Shayna to come back again and again.
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 Cup choc chips
3 king size candy bars of your choice, like cookies and cream, reese’s, Hershey bars (these three work great), chopped in chunks, kept cool
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2) Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and candy bar chunks by hand, using a mixing spoon. Drop cookie dough ¼ cup at a time onto the cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4) Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2012/05/candy-bar-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.