- Gourmet Kosher Cooking - http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com -
Posted By GKC On February 15, 2014 @ 12:43 am In Blog | No Comments
Yes, breadcrumbs are available in the ready-made package and some companies like, Pereg, even make them with additional flavors. But, the terrific toasty smell and amazing crunch of breadcrumbs, is only possible with the homemade version. Additionally, if you are gluten-sensitive, or prefer whole grains, like whole wheat, the ready-made version just does not offer you any options. I make a big batch, (you’ll see how easy it is below) and store them for tons of great uses, like:
- Top them on broccoli or cauliflower and roast at a high temperature for toasty and crunchy broccoli
- Toss them in a salad in place of croutons. It adds crunch and depth and great texture
- Toss them in a pasta dish made from olive oil, garlic, pasta water and a bit of Parmesan cheese. Add the breadcrumbs, and you have a hearty and delicious pasta dish
- Roast green beans or asparagus. Top with the breadcrumbs. Looks gorgeous on the serving platter too.
- Top any stew, veal stew, or short ribs. Adds a great finishing touch
- Of course, use them on schnitzel, veal chops or lamb chops
Here is how I make them. Let me know how you use them too. Btw, get creative, make a dairy version by adding Parmesan cheese, or add S’riachi sauce or crushed red pepper to make them a little spicy, or add another herb of your choice, I think oregano, or basil is great or dried Herbs d’Provence.
Article printed from Gourmet Kosher Cooking: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
URL to article: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2014/02/homemade-breadcrumbs/
URLs in this post:
 Homemade Bread Crumbs: http://www.gourmetkoshercooking.com/2014/02/homemade-bread-crumbs/
Copyright © 2009 Gourmet Kosher Cooking. All rights reserved.